Wednesday, October 8, 2008

What's for supper?

My mother went to the garden and gathered these turnips and brought them to me. So, all I had to do was wash and cook them. Just one more reason why I like this time of year! More fresh veggies!




**Next on the to-do list

With the new season comes new recipes. I have been wanting to make a pumpkin roll and just have never done it. Once, I worked with someone that called this her "specialty." Maybe the husband and children will love these and will call them my "specialty" one day. We shall see!
Libby's(R) Pumpkin Roll with Cream Cheese Filling - Allrecipes

Ty thought he needed his picture taken while getting ready for school this morning. So here he is.

Amy loves to hold Andrew.

8 comments:

jeff and rebecca said...

I dearly love fresh turnip greens but boy, how they make the house smell while they are cooking!!! The best pumpkin roll I ever ate was made by Many Watson's mother. Do they still go to Carolina? If so, be sure to ask her for that recipe. I am a pumpkin freak. I wanted pumpkin pie instead of a wedding cake but my mother said NO!!!

jeff and rebecca said...

That was suppose to be Mandy Watson. Sorry!

The Clarks said...

Yes, turnips do give the house a nice smell for a day or two.

Ashley and Mandi do still go to Carolina. I'll be sure to ask her for the recipe.

Julie said...

I'll have to pass on the turnips. That is one veggie that I don't particularly care for....but I am glad that you enjoyed them!

Anonymous said...

Correction! Mother and big sis Kel went to the garden and gathered your supper!! Glad you enjoyed and happy to set the record straight!! HA,HA-- Kel

The Clarks said...

I stand corrected!

Dawn said...

Mendy, I too love Kel and turnips and collards and to be quite honest, I can't tell any of them apart (don't tell my Dad, he would say he can't believe he raised a daughter that can't tell the difference!) Thank you for the comment! We roasted pumpkin seed once in elementary school and they were so good to me and I will never forget that little project. It may be something that you can do! Little Andrew looks just like you with all that black hair! I know you two are filled with joy with two precious God given children in your lives! Congratulations!
Sincerely,
Dawn J.

The Clarks said...

Dawn, I'm the same way. I can hardly tell all of those greens apart. I just know I have come to enjoy all of them. My daddy plants all of that stuff too. If there's a seed for it, he's going to put it in the ground, I think just to see if he can grow it.