Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Lookin' Good!

Is this one good-looking thing or what? Ben, aka Carl, knows he be lookin' good! This is what he came up with for dress-up at AWANA tonight at church. The kids were encouraged to wear their costume and participate in Trunk or Treat. This is the 2nd year we've done this, and all the kids {and adults} enjoy it. Volunteers open up their trunks for the kids to come by and get candy. It's a great alternative to being in the crowd on the square. Here are some more crazy costumes from AWANA.



Cute little Puggles


What a crew!



Sarah Palin (Madison) made a last minute campaign stop at Carolina Baptist Church. I believe she was trying to get in some south Alabama hunting while she was here. She was just too cute.



Bryan Cox aka Dr. Matt Brady




Staff SGT. Clark

John McCain (Brody) is worried about the up-coming election, while Clancy the Clown (Mother)tries to cheer him up.



I'm glad to see McCain is in better spirits. Is that his wife Cindi with him?



9 comments:

Kristen said...

Too cute for words! I wish we'd been able to be there! Ben is one brave fellow!!

Heather said...

That's to funny, Ben's get up cracked me up. Ty was a cute little army man and the little cowboy didn't look to happy in one picture.

jeff and rebecca said...

Wow, I just went a couple of days without checking the blog circuit and I can't believe all I missed. You all have certainly been busy. I am glad that the AWANA program seems to be doing so well there. We have started the Southern Baptist version called Team Kids and have seen our numbers triple in our children's dept. It is wonderful to see children get excited about Jesus.

The Wilson's said...

They all look good, but Carl gets my vote. That is too funny for words!

The Craig Family said...

Those costumes are adorable!! I love the McCain/Palin idea! : )

Michelle said...

Hey Mendy, I have just had a chance to look at your blog and I just think Ty is the cutest little Army man! It is kinda sad to see him wearing that, but it makes me so proud of your whole family to serve our country...Thanks to brave, wonderful people (heroes) like Ben, we have the freedom to write on these blogs :) Anyway, you two have adorable little boys and Congratulations on little Andrew!!

Beth said...

All the kiddos were so cute last night! Ben is absolutely hilarious! I love the fuzzy chest hair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Julie said...

I was laughing out loud at CARL! You don't have two boys to raise, you have three!! HA!
I LOVED the McCain/Palin costumes!!! What a great idea!! Ty looks so tough in his army outfit.

The Clarks said...

You are so right, Julie!!