Monday, October 13, 2008

Camping Trip continued.....


Well, the camping trip was a success! After going to the PHS Fall Festival, we came home to get the campout under-way. I was able to get Mr. Andrew to bed and I joined them for just a little while. Ben got the fire going and we cooked our hotdogs and marshmallows over the fire. Ty was in and out of the tent the whole time I was out there. He just could not contain himself with so much excitement! He did however, sit still long enough to eat his hotdog and chips. And yes, he was able to use his blue camping cups for his Dr. Pepper! After we ate, I left the camping to the boys. They stayed all night without having to come inside one time! I asked Ty the next morning when he would be going camping again and he said, "Next week." Not so sure about that. Ben said the whole time they were out there, Ty kept saying, "I'm enjoying our campout, Daddy." Those sweet little words made it all worthwhile!

By the way, we bought a box of Funky Flames in Wal-Mart. If you've never tried these out, they're little packages that you throw on your fire and they make your flames turn bright colors. I suggest that you by-pass the Funky Flames. I don't know what we paid for them, but they certainly weren't worth it. We saw just a little bit of color at the very base of our fire. I don't think Ty even realized a difference in the fire. So, next time there won't be any Funky Flames for our campout.








The tired little camper





After the boys came in from camping, we got ready to go recliner shopping. The last several nights, Andrew and Ben have ended up either propped up in the bed or on the couch, so we decided it was time for a recliner. After finding one that we could both agree on, Ben and Ty headed for Ty's first dove shoot, while I headed to Ft. Walton to do a little shopping for the boys. My mother went with me to help out with Andrew. I think I should've left him with the boys for the dove shoot. I don't think he appreciated his mommy and his Gram taking him shopping. This ended up being Andrew's first and last shopping trip (at least for awhile, anyway). Everytime we went into a store, he would start screaming and I would have to stop and feed him or hold him. I think he was just making sure he got his point across that he did not like shopping. When we left the mall, we went through a Wendy's drive-thru to eat something on the road. He started it up again and I had to pull into another parking lot to get him calmed down. The whole time I'm just watching the clock on my dash and wondering what time we're ever going to get back home. After about 20 minutes sitting in the parking lot, he finally went to sleep. I guess he had just worn himself completely out because he slept the whole way home! In spite of all the unforseen pitstops, I did get lots accomplished for both boys...even if it was 10:30 before we finally made it home.

Ty, on the other hand, had a great time dove hunting. He took his little toy gun with him and even picked up some of the dead birds. He likes doing "big boy" stuff with his Daddy. Ben said he would say, "Daddy, I havin' fun!" I guess I might as well just get used to all the things that boys like to do, because it's all just beginning.

10 comments:

Beth said...

I love it, Mendy!!!! I'm glad Ty had such a good time camping out!
Yeah, I think you're right. All the boy stuff is just beginning...but it's so much fun!

I KNOW what you mean about the shopping disaster! To this day, John Luke HATES to shop and it is always a stressful trip if he is with me! I don't know why I can't learn not to bring him along...and I'm sure he wonders why I haven't learned that either! But sometimes 'ya gotta do what ya gotta do'. The child has to have clothes!!!!!!!!

jeff and rebecca said...

Mendy, I have been checking your blog everyday to see what happened on the camp out. Sounds like everything went great. We are "those" people who have a camper. In fact, we are about to trade ours in a bigger model. We love to camp-just not in a tent. Tell Ben he is a bigger man than Jeff to sleep on the ground for the sake of his child!!!! We love and miss yall!

Heather said...

Mendy that's just tooo cute. I have learned that I don't take my kids shopping, so I do my grocery shopping during my lunch. Bailey might actually be big enough and old enough now to take her shopping to the malls and stuff.

Anonymous said...

Boys always get to have fun! I have always said that they get to do all the fun things... go hunting, camping, fishing, 4wheeler ridin, watchin all sports (tv in general), even sittin on the tailgate shootn the breeze like they aint got a care in the world. I sometimes think that it would have been fun to be a guy.:) Anyway, it does look like yall had a ton of fun!

Rebecca, I glad yall are getting a bigger model. Now there will be room for all of us. Next time me and Kimberly want have to sleep in the minature sandbox together. I can't help but laugh when I think about it. Never a dull moment with yall!

Ashley said...

that is my favorite post so far!! i loved seeing y'all at the campout! i told walker all about it, and we started talking about taking our boys (in a couple of years!) i love boy stuff too!!! it is fun!! so glad ty enjoyed his adventure in the backyard!

The Wilson's said...

I am glad the campout was a success!! It sounds like Ty had a great time, you will probally be hearing about it for a while.

I remember trying to shop with a new baby, I don't know if there is anything more stressful. Now that they aren't babies anymore, all I hear is "Can we go home now?" That will also drive you crazy!!

The Wilson's said...

I meant now that mine aren't babies..

Anonymous said...

What about the time we took Wendy? She barked all night at evertything then the next morning nearly drown trying to swim to us from across the river. What about the tire blow-out on daddy's truck playing hide and seek in the woods. Oh yeah, the 4-wheeler rides singing "HAVE MERCY" Oh those were the days!! Kel

Christy said...

Your boys look like they had a lot of fun! I can tell Ty really enjoys doing the boy stuff with Ben:)

I'm not sure about the boys, but I've actually turned Gracie into a shopper. She constantly tells me she wants to go to the mall and she will pick up random clothing and say "Look mom, isn't this beautiful?" Too cute!

The Clarks said...

Christy- I think I'm going to have to trade out children with my sister. I'll take her girls shopping and she can take my boys hunting (since she is the hunter and I'm the shopper!)