Friday, October 17, 2008

A Day in the Country




Last Thursday afternoon, Kelley invited Ty and me to go with her and the girls along with her neighbors, the Piggott's, to Cheryl Betts' house. Cheryl lives out in the country and had invited us to come see her horses, donkeys, and chickens. The kids all got a turn riding Gunner. They had a ball playing on the hay bales and tire swing, along with riding the horse. Thanks Cheryl and Mrs. Betts for entertaining our children for an afternoon! They loved it!

Will, Emma & Ty feeding Gunner


Aunt Kelley and Ty feeding the horse


"Watch out Kelley & Micah - She may be adding a horse to her Christmas wish list!"


Playing on hay bales: Ty loves Will Piggott! Will is one of the sweetest and most polite little boys I know. Will always plays & helps out with Ty when he is around.


Cheryl telling us about Gunner



Amy and Emma checking out the chickens


Going for a ride





Ty wasn't scared one bit to get on that horse!


I can't believe I let my child get on that huge horse!




Poor old Donkey wearing an Auburn costume!

Ty, Emma, Amy
Will, Sarah, & Allie

4 comments:

jeff and rebecca said...

Those are great pictures. Allie is so big!! Looks like you all had a blast. I think I would love to have a farm with tons of animals to love on. I think I may need to call PETA about the cruelty to that poor old donkey wearing that hideous suit. Where on earth do you find an Auburn suit for a donkey? Oh yea, that would describe most of their fans!! Ha Ha

Beth said...

Now that looks like my kind of fun! I wish I had a horse. I have begged John on ocassion to let me have another one, but he is scared of them! {He says they're too dangerous! But I know the truth!}

I love the country and all the fun farm animals! Glad the kids had fun! Those Garner girls are getting big!!!!!!!!!!!

Christy said...

Looks like ya'll had a great time. Ty sure looks happy:)

The Wilson's said...

That is why we need to get out of the city and get back to the country. My girls love farm animals. The other day Anna saw some cows in a pasture and begged me to stop and let her pet them! How pitiful is that? She has a friend who has a horse and that doesn't seem to help the situation because she wants one worse and we simply don't have enough land.

I am glad Ty had good time and I hope ya'll have a happy halloween!!