Monday, September 29, 2008

One Happy Mommy!


Yay!! Ben is finally home from Camp Shelby and I survived the two weeks without him (barely). I am so thankful for my husband and what he does to help make our household run. He actually does load the washer/dryer, dishwasher, sees that our 3 year old is ready for preschool, gets him to preschool, diapers the baby at wee hours in the morning, and even makes coffee and fixes mine just how I like it. I could keep going, but I'm sure all of you have super husbands that do the same things. So, I really missed him is quite an understatement!
Ben was home with us for the day on Friday and we loved it. After a lazy morning lounging around the house, we decided to get out and go find some pumpkins and fall flowers for our front porch. When we got to Blue Goose and picked out our pumpkins, they were just the regular orange pumpkins that you find. Ty got all upset and was saying, "No, this is not the right kind of pumpkin. I'm talking about a pumpkin with a smile like that." He was pointing to a fall banner that was hanging up that had a fall message and cute little jack o'lanterns all over it. After finally convincing him that we could do that with our pumpkins, we purchased our pumpkins and flowers and headed home. Ty couldn't leave the pumpkins alone. I'm not sure how long they will last. I'm afraid he may find a stick or some other thing to carve his own "smile" in his pumpkin. So....we'll enjoy them for as long as they last!!

7 comments:

Heather said...

Hey Mendy, Ty is such a cutie. It is amazing what kids come up with. It is great that you have Ben to help out the way you were talking about, I wouldn't know anything about it.

jeff and rebecca said...

There you go again Martha (Stewart) I'll bet your house looks amazing all decorated for the fall. I know you missed Ben but we sure felt safer here in Mississippi with him over here. Glad you got your honey back!

Beth said...

I'm glad you got Ben home all safe and sound. The new Halloween costume is really cute, but I can totally understand the "fear" coming from a Mama!

I love the pumpkin story! Now y'all will have to have a "family pumpkin carving" contest! Memories!!! And don't you just LOVE those enormous mums from Blue Goose! We drove by those last Sunday going to see John's granny, and I told him I HAD to have one. I was there bright and early the next morning!

Cute pictures! Where did you get the grass in your urns on the front porch?

The Wilson's said...

Ty is such a handsome little man, I can see alot of both of you in him. It is good to be able to see a piece of what is going on in your lives. It has been so long since we have seen you both!! We see Mrs. Nancy often at Beda, and always ask about ya'll. Take care, of your soldiers!!

Christy said...

Welcome home Ben! Mendy, it sounds like he is a great husband and you are a great mom! I can't imagine having my two girls for two whole weeks by myself!

Julie said...

I can totally relate!! Jeremy helps out sooo much here at the house that I don't know what I'd do if he was gone for two weeks.

Ty is too cute in his army uniform!

When are you going back to school? My days at home will end October 13th. WAY TOO SOON!! :( CRY! CRY!

Teri said...

aI'm so glad you found me too!!! What a beautiful family you have!!! Congratulations on the new baby! He has a beautiful head full of hair! We are still in Wetumpka and I'm teaching first grade at Coosada Elem. It's in Millbrook and I LOVE it!!! You'll have to let me know if ya'll are ever up this way!!!!