Monday, September 8, 2008

A Good Report

We went for Andrew's one week check-up yesterday and got good news. He's already back to his birthweight, which was 7 lbs. 12 oz. Dr. Gabe said this was great and that he was ahead of the game. She said they don't expect babies to be back at their birthweight until their two-week check-up. So this was good news to me! Also, she said his bilirubin level was still elevated, but she didn't think it would be over 9 or 10. We did not have to go back to the hospital to get stuck, so that was very good. I'm hoping and praying that next week when we go for his 2-week check-up, his color will be back to normal. Thanks for the prayers! Slide show is pictures of Andrew at home and just some fun things the kids got to do this past, very hot weekend.

9 comments:

Shonna said...

Those are some really good pictures of you and the boys...all of them!

jeff and rebecca said...

What great pictures! Andrew looks so long! He also looks very alert. They are so much fun when they are looking around and you know they are taking it all in. Micah and Kelly's girls are beautiful!!! I'll bet they will be big helpers for you.

Beth said...

Mendy,
Precious! Precious! Precious! Everytime I look at these sweet pictures I cry AND I realize how much I am ready for one of those precious little angels to add to MY bunch! Ty is so sweet with Andrew!
I am still coming by; I just want to be sure that John Luke's runny nose is all better!

The Martins said...

Look at all that hair! He is so precious. Those girls look like they're ready to start spoiling him. Kady had jaundice when we brought her home. She looked like a carrot for a week. Be glad you didn't have to rent the bilirubin blanket. It's pricey. Taking her to the hospital every other day to get stuck was horrible...more so for us than for her. Will be praying for all of you.

Julie said...

Those are wonderful pictures!!! I wish I could get John Parker to have his picture made with Sawyer. He isn't too fond of him!! It is almost a "see no saywer, hear no sawyer, speak no sawyer"!! Hopefully, he will come around!!

The Clarks said...

Julie,
Don't feel too bad. Ty is somewhat like that. He likes to see him for just a sec, kiss him, and then he is off to do his own thing. Sometimes, he acts like there is not a baby in the house, except for him of course. He likes to remind me that he's still my baby.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to meet Andrew he is precious! And by the way Mendy you look great!!!

Christy said...

Mendy you look great! I'm sure Ty will come around when Andrew gets more interesting to him:) That's how Gracie was with Katherine.

Anonymous said...

Mendy, The pictures are so sweet. Andrew is a very cute boy with a head full of hair!! The pictures of Amy D and Allie remind me of when Kimberly and I were that age. Allie is in the front like me and Amy D is in the back with her hand in her mouth like Kimberly. Miss those girls too!
Amy J