Friday, May 1, 2009

Where Do I Begin....?

There has been just a little bit of action around our house the last several weeks, so I will try to get caught up on everything in this post.

I'll start by saying "Happy 30th Birthday Ben!" His big day is today, but we had all our family over last night to celebrate. He leaves for his summer camp early early Saturday morning. We just hung out at the house tonight so Ben could get all the yardwork done before he leaves. I cooked Corky's ribs for supper!! If you ever have the opportunity to buy Corky's ribs, do it! They were fabulous! I had ordered ours through QVC! I am becoming more and more like my mother in this area. I love shopping from the comfort of my home. Anyway, who has the time to shop with little ones? This is much more convenient for me.

So, please keep the little ones and me in your prayers while Ben is away. We only have one more school to endure after this summer camp. It will be next month while Ben is in Wisconsin for two weeks. (I think we'll just tag along!)
In other news, we have had a very sick little baby at our house this week. Andrew has had chronic congestion and cough for quite some time now. He started running fever the middle of last week and I took him to the doctor to try some different medicine. He stopped running fever over the weekend, long enough to allow me to attend the Women's Conference in Pensacola. When I returned, he seemed ok, but still not well. On Monday morning, my baby was so sick he didn't even fight his breathing treatment. All he could do was lay against whomever was holding him. He looked pitiful. I got him to the doctor, and after going over to the hospital to have blood drawn and chest x-rays, we soon learned he had pneummonia in his lower left lobe. He was admitted to the hospital around lunchtime Monday. He started getting his antibiotic and fluids through an IV and was soon feeling and sounding much better. After a long day in the hospital Tuesday, we were sent home late that afternoon. He had two 20 minute naps. Have you ever tried to contain an 8 month old to a twin bed all day long?! Very tiring for me. When the nurse came in and told me I could take him for a ride in the wagon, we were out the door in 5 seconds flat! And, he loved it!! I have never put him in our wagon, because it always seems too windy to get him out or too cool. So we rode down the elevator and back up just to get out of that tiny hospital room. He thought he was a big boy! All he could do was smile at everybody.

Once we got home and ready for bed, we had another scary encounter. He had a reaction to his new medicine and started throwing up. He turned as white as I have ever seen him and his lips turned blue! Ben had him and was ready to go back to the hospital. I decided to call the pediatrician on call and get advice. I figured we would just have to sit in the ER for 3 hours if we chose that route. After he stopped vomiting, he seemed to be able to rest for the remainder of the night.

He woke up Wednesday morning and seemed to be almost back to his happy little self. He still has a cough and may have it for two more weeks, but his breathing sounds much better. I'm just relieved he is much better. It's so hard when little ones get sick. You just want to take the sickness for them. Thank God we're hopefully on the mend!

div>

Two weeks ago we had our Spring Break. We didn't have a thing planned, which was really nice. On Wednesday, some of us girls from church took our kids to Open Pond for a picnic and bike riding. On Thursday, Ben took off work and we headed to Enterprise to spend the day at Fun Factory. Kelley and Micah took the girls and we had a really good time. I think the grown-ups had just as much fun as the kids!




Ben's new toy!


MeMe and Andrew

7 comments:

Tammy said...

Omgoodness girl, I never knew Andrew was so sick. I hate that for you guys. I am so glad that he is doing so much better though. He looked adorable in that wagon. I have been in the hospital 3 times with Annaclaire and once with Bryant I can totally understand wanting/needing to get out of that room for a lil while, even if it is just a trip on the elevator. If there is ever anything I can do just let me know. See you all tomorow at church.

Josh and Lyndsay said...

I hate to hear that Andrew has been so sick!! I hope all the sickness goes away and stays away for a long time!!! Tell everyone we said hello!!! Happy Birthday Ben!

Shonna said...

KWW told me Andrew was sick...so glad to hear that he is better!

Happy 30th to Ben!

Julie said...

Like everyone else, I heard that Andrew was a sick little fellow-from my mother. I'm glad that he's on the mend and maybe both our little guys can stay healthy just a few more weeks until we are out of school! (hopefully through the fun summer months, too)

Send my birthday wishes to the birthday boy!

Heather said...

Glad that your little cutie pie is on the mends. Happy Birthday Ben!!!

The Wilson's said...

Bless little and Andrew's heart! He must have been miserable and you and Ben also! I am so glad to hear that he is getting better. We will keep him in our prayers.

It looks like the kids loved going to the Fun Factory! I hope all goes well while Ben is away. Take care and keep us updated on Andrew's recovery.

The Wilson's said...

Oh I forgot! Happy Birthday to Ben! Tell him 30 isn't so bad!