Friday, May 29, 2009

It's Official......

Out for summer....for good! Last Friday morning was a good day. It was the last work day at school! I resigned from my teaching position last week to be at home with my boys! This is something I have been wanting to do for a long time. I feel so blessed to finally have this opportunity to stay home. It probably won't actually sink in until school starts back in August. At least Ty seems to be happy that his Mama is not going to have to leave him in the mornings anymore. It will be so nice not to miss his school stuff anymore.

To celebrate the start of summer, we took Ty and Andrew to Dream Park last Thursday before the rain came.







When it started raining, we headed to Burger King to let Ty play. There just happened to be two sweet little girls there that Ty got to play with. The girls happen to belong to a friend of mine. The oldest of the two was like a little mama to Andrew. She was the sweetest thing. Ty came back to the table and told me, "Mama, I just made up some new friends." He was so funny. He had a great time playing with these girls. I promised the girls I would get these pictures on, so here they are.

I think Andrew was loving all the extra attention! He had the sweetest little smile the whole time Meredith Grace was holding him. Christy ~ I just know these two would make great little babysitters for you this summer!!

Laura stopped playing for a minute to get in the picture with Andrew and Meredith Grace.




I'm wondering if there's anyway I can bring this sweet little girl home with me for just a few hours!!

After we left Burger King, we decided to go to Ben's Mom and Dad's house to take the Mustang for a spin. It's a '64 1/2 that Bro. Anthony bought and has had restored to its original color. Ben likes to go and just sit in it and crank it up and listen to it. He has always loved old Mustangs and almost got one when he turned 16, but his Dad talked him out of it because it had no air. Anyway, he is always telling me that he is going to have one one day. Well, his Dad decided to tell him that the car was actually his. He had been having it restored for Ben and wanted to see him be able to enjoy it!! Ben COULD NOT believe it and thought he was dreaming (and still does).

These pics were actually taken before he knew that the Mustang was his.





Now, I'm just waiting for a volunteer to watch my children so we can take the Mustang to the beach!

8 comments:

Julie said...

I'm excited for you!!!! I know that your boys will enjoy having their Mommy at home. Maybe this is the time for #3 to come into the picture, right?:)

LOVE the Mustang. That is so thoughtful of Bro. Anthony to do that for Ben. I can only imagaine how thrilled Be is about have his dream car.

Anonymous said...

amyzsdamvkfjhduwiuehdjfhgkxmnvbdahfjfkdlsdhu4
"It says, I love your blog Aunt Mendy" amy

Anonymous said...

I Love the pictures allie.

Beth said...

Congratulations Mendy! You will NOT regret it for one second!! I think it is worth every penny I miss out on to be here and NOT miss my children growing up! They grow up so fast you can't hardly turn your head or you'll miss something!!!! I'm very excited for you! (And for your sweet boys!)

And congratulations to Ben! That is a very nice surprise!

Shonna said...

For some reason I had missed this update until today...CONGRATULATIONS!!! You will love every minute of it and there are some sacrifices that come with not working, but they are sooooooo worth it:)

Kim Turman said...

I am so proud for you! However, I do want you to know I will miss your smiling face! Love the car!

Allyson said...

Mendy, I am SO glad you are going to be able to stay at home with them this year! They are SO CUTE!! I saw the pictures of Andrew on Amy Nichols site. He is a DOLL!! Hope you're doing great!

Oh, by the way... It was SO GOOD to see you at Beth's shower! :)

Christi said...

Somehow I missed this blog post! MG showed it to me this weekend-- she was so EXCITED to be on your blog! She had told me she was going to be but I thought you must have gotten side-tracked so when she said she was-- I said, "Show me!". Very cute post, thanks for putting Gracie and Laura's pictures on here! It made their day! Gracie's especially. And that girl does LOVE the babies!!! She's coming up here this week to go to VBS with us so I think she's going to get her fix of Audrey time!

Congratulations on being able to stay at home with the boys. It is a sacrifice but it is worth way more than anything you can make while working. At least for me it is. Some people are not cut out to stay at home and I respect them for that also. It's exactly where I want to be! Before I had Audrey I worried about being at home and feeling lonely, etc. NOT SO!! I am very busy every minute of everyday! I don't have time to have a pity party and feel lonely. LOL!

As for a surprise Mustang-- WOW!!! That's an amazing gift!