Monday, December 1, 2008

I survived.....

After countless kisses, smiles, cooing, and just a few tears (from mama), I got in my car and drove to work. Man, it was not easy leaving that sweet baby. He woke up in such a happy mood this morning, too. Even though leaving was not easy, it put my mind at ease knowing I did not have to pack up the house and drag him out in the cold. Ben's mom is coming to our house. That is such a huge blessing. When we decided Mrs. Sherry needed time to enjoy Mr. Garner's retirement, we prayed for someone to keep the boys. We also prayed for someone to come to our house. Both prayers were answered. And I wonder why we get in a panic about things? You would think by now I would just be able to say, "It's all going to be alright, because He's going to take care of us."

Thanks so much for the prayers. I know God gave me the strength to get through the day. I had been dreading this day since before Andrew arrived and would cry just thinking about it, but I really did well. I had a good day at school, and the thing I'm telling myself is "just 3 weeks and I'll be back home for 2."

9 comments:

Adrienne said...

I hope you feel better...i'm sure it will take a little while to get adjusted (like I know anything about leaving a baby:) Oh yeah...my new blog is http://bryancoxfamily.blogspot.com

Heather said...

I feel your pain!!! I hated to go back with both of my little ones. I am not quite so lucky to have someone to keep my babies. I am glad you had a good day.

Lori said...

I'm glad you had a first good day. I can't say that I really understand b/c I was ready to go back to work!! But poor Jack had colic and some other things and I just wanted to go to work to sleep on my lunch hour. LOL NOW is when it's hard for me to leave him. He's so fun now and learns something new every minute it seems like! You are very blessed to have had Ms. Sherri and now Ben's mom to keep the boys. We were thrilled to have Ben's grandmother for Jack's first year. That always makes is easier to leave them - when the people who are keeping them love them like grandmothers do!!

The Wilson's said...

I talked to Mrs. Nancy and she told me the wonderful news and was so excited! I know it puts you at ease to know your children are in good hands. You will just have to deal with spoiled rotten kids, but hey who would want them any other way!

Ashley said...

You are such a precious girl, Mendy Clark! I love your sweet heart!!!!

jeff and rebecca said...

Just when we think God isn't listening to us----He goes and shows us that He was in control the whole time!!!! That Nancy Clark wouldn't have it any other way than to get all of that sweet sugar for herself. Tell her I said Hello!!!

Michelle said...

I know how hard it is to have to go back to work! You are very blessed to have Mrs. Nancy keeping them and especially at your house! I have been so thankful for my family coming up here to keep Emmie and now doing just part time with Paul and I switching in the afternoons. I dread having to put her in daycare in January. I am glad your day went well at work and now you have 2 precious little boys to come home to!! BTW, looks like you guys had fun in the mountains...and my goodness Andrew is getting so big!!

DeAnne DuBose said...

Glad to hear that this week is going good for you. It is almost over and Christmas will be here soon. Hang in there! I am praying for you daily.

Julie said...

That's one WONDERFUL bonus of being a teacher--time off here and there with our babies. I believe it's the next best thing to being a "stay-at-home-mom". Glad to hear your day went well.