Tuesday, December 2, 2008

They're not Mrs. Prindables.....


but they're not to0 bad for the first time. My mother and I thought we would try making some caramel apples for a party and for little Christmas treats. If anyone has ever done this, you might could shed some light on the subject. The caramel package said to let the apples cool for 10 minutes after they've been dipped (before covering with nuts or any other toppings). After the 10 minutes of cooling, we had to really press the pecans, M&M's, and chocolate chips in the caramel. They didn't want to stay on very well, because the caramel had already hardened. This was a trial run, so if anyone has tips, I'd greatly appreciate them.


Ty had fun making his own M&M apple


The finished product

7 comments:

Christi said...

I don't have any suggestions but they look yummy!

Lori said...

They look great to me! I made them one time for a SS party and the caramel got so hard people had to get a knife to cut them apart from where they were on the plate together. So, unless you figured out something I didn't, my suggestion would be to not let them touch each other! HA

The Wilson's said...

It is not how they look, but how they taste! I think they look fine. Now I am wanting one!

Beth said...

They sure look YUMMY!!

jeff and rebecca said...

How professional!!!! You are just too cha cha!!! Speaking of your mother, tell her that I made her chocolate pie but mine was not as good as hers. Anyway, here is a web site that we used one time when making apples.

www.wikihow.com/Make-Caramel-Apples

Teri said...

I'm gonna start calling you "Martha Stewart!" LOL! These look great.

DeAnne DuBose said...

They look wonderful!!!! I personally don't like to dip b/c of the mess. I use these wonderful Caramel Apple Wraps by Concord Foods. (Winn-Dixie has them in the fruit section) Give them a try if your in a hurry and have a craving for caramel apples! They are delicious!