Monday, December 15, 2008

Getting ready for Christmas


I love Christmas! I love the hustle-bustle it brings with all the parties, plays, shopping and decorating. Even though it often times gets a little hectic, it is still my favorite holiday. This past weekend was yet another busy one getting ready for our Sunday School party. Saturday morning was spent getting the house finished decorated. I love to use real cedar and pine just because of the smell it fills the house with. Since my mother and daddy have cedar trees, we have been cutting trimmings from them for the past four years now to use on my mantle. Real-live garland and greenery beats store-bought any day to me. Ty was at church practicing for the children's Christmas play so it gave us some time to get most everything done. When everything was finished, I was off to The Loot to buy my favorite candle. If you've never tried Mulled Cider by Tyler, you've got to. That's at the top of my favorite things right now. It will definitely put you in the holiday mood. As soon as I got home, I lit this little jewel to work its magic.
Our newly formed Sunday School class met up at David's Catfish for supper, and then came back to our house for cake and several rounds of Catch Phrase. I know several of us have played this game before, but it never gets old to me. It's so funny to watch everybody. We had a good time playing Dirty Santa, although the guys didn't think it was necessary to steal anyone's gifts. Don't worry, we girls made up for that. We had a great time visiting with everybody and decided it needs to become a monthly ritual. We can't wait to do it again.











10 comments:

Adrienne said...

I had a blast...this definitley needs to be a once a month thing!!! And I hope Andrew is feeling better....and I left my camera at your house (maybe Ben can bring it to church tomorrow)

Lori said...

Christmas is my favorite too. Looks like a fun party. We're having our Sunday School party Fri. night and I can't wait! The house looks great!

Shonna said...

Gald y'all had a good time.

Your table looks sooo pretty and I am with you on the live greenery. This is the first year that I haven't cut any for my house and I may do it yet!

Heather said...

Looks like fun!!! I'm tring real hard to get into the spirit. I Love Christmas, but sometimes it's just to much sometimes.

Christi said...

The greenery on your mantle is very pretty-- it's Christmasy! I need to go do that same thing. You've inspired me!

My all time favorite game is Catch Phrase! I KNOW you guys had fun since you played that!

Kristen said...

I miss our Catch Phrase days. I've never laughed so hard in all my life. Let's get our crew together again soon for a game. Your house looks beautiful and Mulled Cider is my all time favorite (I burn it year round). Merry Christmas, we love you guys!

The Wilson's said...

Sounds like fun and I LOVE to play catch phrase also. The cake looks so yummy! I will keep that candle in mind because I LOVE CANDLES.

DeAnne DuBose said...

We had a wonderful time! I totally agree with Adrienne. How is Andrew doing?

Josh and Lyndsay said...

Josh and I enjoyed every minute of the SS party!! We will definitely have to do it more often!!

Dave and Mandi said...

Looks like your adorable little family is having a fun Christmas. I love the post about Ty and The Butlers. We have a redneckier version of the Butlers in our community, and all of the kids L-0-V-E it! Dave and I are still loving your red couch!