Wednesday, November 5, 2008

This is the day....

As we watched the election results roll in last night, I couldn't help but feel sick to my stomach. Ben & I sat there and wondered what changes are in store for us, our children, and one day our grandchildren. I'm afraid many Obama supporters will endure much change that they aren't even aware of. I just hope they're ready for it. As I held Andrew, all I could think about was, 'This man believes in killing babies, and he's just been elected as our next president.' What is wrong with the American people? Where are our morals? Do these people at Grant Park celebrating even realize this issue, along with many others, is not of God? Even in his celebratory speech, he named different groups, including gays and straights. This is not right in God's sight.

We finally couldn't take it anymore. We'd seen all the whooping and hollering and crying that we could stand for one night. All Ben could say is, "We've just got to pray. We know who's in control." And we do. We, as Christians, have got to pray for our leaders. We can all pray that their hearts will be turned to God and they will seek His guidance in every decision that's made.

After going to bed with heavy hearts, we woke up to a sweet, precious baby (who slept through the night, for the first time~ WooHoo!!) in a very happy mood. As I was feeding Andrew, I could hear Ty singing while he was eating his breakfast, "This is the day, this is the day that the Lord hath made, that the Lord hath made. We will rejoice, we will rejoice and be glad in it, and be glad in it. This is the day that the Lord hath made, we will rejoice and be glad in it. This is the day, this is the day, that the Lord hath made." Wow! I think that was what I needed to hear to start my day. As I heard him singing, I thought, 'That's right, this is a new day, and our God is still in control, no matter who is president.'

On a much lighter note:
Ty checking out his little lizard friend.


Trick or Treating (in last year's costume ~ Go figure)


Andrew is 2 months old & a whopping 13lbs. 2oz.~24 inches long. He is getting so big, so fast! Slow down, Little Man!!!!


I could just pinch those chubby, little cheeks!

4 comments:

Lori said...

I felt the same way. We just have to focus on God being in control. We played Our God Reigns Sun. night at church and talked about how God is in control regardless of the outcome. It's not ideal, but we can still have hope. Really cute pics!!

The Wilson's said...

We felt the same as you with the election results. I still can't believe it! As I just posted on my blog-we just have to pray about this! Ty looks a little worried about what that lizard was going to do. Pinch those fat little baby cheeks one time for me, he is so precious! It doesn't seem like he should be that old yet!

Heather said...

I felt the same as you and we do have to pray for our new leaders. God is still in control!!! That little Andrew is such a chubby little thing. I need Ty @ my house last night somehow a stinking lizard got in.

jeff and rebecca said...

I have been so distraught but I have come to the conclusion that America is in for a good deal of punishment. Perhaps we had this coming. We, as Christians, have not been vocal enough and have just not done enough for Christ. We have sat by and let all of this happen. I think that instead of sending so many missionaries over seas, we had better place more of them right here in the U.S. because we have some real liberal morons right here in our midst.