Thursday, November 6, 2008

Polar Express??


Just wondering if anyone has ever taken The Polar Express train ride in the Smoky Mtns. We love the movie and (Ty loves trains, too) thought it would be fun to take him on it while we are in the mountains. I did some checking and found a few not-so great reviews. But, they were from several years ago. I was hoping someone had actually done this little tourist attraction and could tell me about it. It's only an hour and 15 min. roundtrip. I thought that sounded pretty good. I don't really think anything much longer than this would be a good idea with a 3 year old and a 2 month old. Anyway, if anyone has done this or knows of anyone that's done this, please let me know how it was. I read that there is one in Bryson City, N.C., Chattanooga, and Calera. We would most likely do the one in Bryson City. Thanks so much!

5 comments:

Teri said...

We bought tickets to go to the one in Calera this year. I've heard it's wonderful, but have never been. You might want to hurry up and get tickets because the lady told us that they sell out quickly. Anna Beth has already been watching the movie lately...she's so excited. I'm trying to find the girls some cute matching pajamas.

Beth said...

We were talking about going to Dollywood for Christmas so I looked at the different attractions and shows there and The Polar Express 3-D was one of the most popular. Let us know how it is. Looks fun!

Ashley said...

Mendy,
I remember someone telling me they went to the one in Calera, and that is was WONDERFUL! They wanted to go every year! I think it sounds great! I'm glad you mentioned it b/c I may look to see about getting tickets in Calera (just b/c it's closer!) How fun!

The Clarks said...

Beth,
I just saw The Polar Express ride at Dollywood. It's new because they didn't have it last year. We're going, so we'll be sure to try it out. I'll let you know how it is.

Michelle said...

Mendy, just wanted to say hi, haven't checked the blogs in a week or so and looked back through your. I really enjoyed reading the Election results blog because it was exactly what Paul and I did that night and exactly our thoughts also. I said the exact same thing as Ben, we just have to pray now for our country and leaders and trust God will protect and bless our country!! And how fitting for Ty to be singing that song the next morning! That is very sweet of him to wake up singing that, I'm sure it just melts your heart!!