Sunday, November 9, 2008

10 Weeks/Coterie Fun Run

Andrew was 10 weeks old Sunday! How do I even begin to describe my feelings for this sweet baby boy! When you have one child, you just wonder how in the world is it possible to love another baby as much as that first-born baby. Oh my goodness! This little bundle of joy will melt your heart in a hurry. Holding him in my arms is like therapy for my soul. And that little smile.....well, it's just so darn cute. I am certainly not looking forward to Dec. 1st. {The day I go back to school.} I know that too shall pass.

span >**I had to post some pictures of Andrew's curls to show Christy Watts. I couldn't get over how much Audrey and Andrew's hair was alike.



Andrew laughing at his crazy daddy


Andrew's new trick is sticking his tongue out at us.
Sheer joy!
Look at all those curls!

Mama, I've had enough of the picture-taking.

The Coterie 5K was Saturday. Ben decided to run and won 1st place in his category! Yeah!! I'm just afraid now he's gonna think he can do a triathalon. Anyway, Ty and I were at the finish line waiting for him to come through. He actually hurt something right at the last turn of the race. By the way he was running, I could tell something wasn't just right. He didn't look to be in the best of shape, as a matter of fact, he looked like he couldn't hardly go another step. In spite of his pulled muscle, he still won in his division and brought home the gold!!!!

Ty ran in the Tot Trot (the street in front of the courthouse). He was so cute running. Ben had told him not to get tripped up on his or anyone else's feet, so he looked down at his feet the whole time he ran. He didn't do bad. Didn't get first, but I was just glad he was out there. {By the way, they don't have winners in the Tot Trot, they just let them all get out there and run.) As a very competitive person, this mama is definitely going to have to learn control when it comes to sports activities involving my children. I was having a ball cheering Ty on during the Tot Trot even though there were no winners. I think I'm going to have a competitive little boy, too. As soon as he finished running, he asked, "Do I get my award now?" All the little kids did get a medal for racing, but I don't think he was satisfied with just a medal. He asked on the way home, "Mama, why didn't they call my name out?" I had to then explain that none of the little ones got their name called out. Anyway, it was a great day for a run. Maybe I can join them next year.


Here are a few pictures. My batteries went out on my camera right before Ty ran, so I'll post some of him later.




Right before the big race!






7 comments:

Christi said...

Andrew is so cute with his curly hair!! He and Audrey look so much alike with those curls! I am sure they both will appreciate us saying that when they are about 10 years old-- hee! Hee!!

I can't believe Ben can run like that! Once I left high school I pretty much left all heavy running on the basketball court. I can't run to my mailbox right now!

Heather said...

I'm with Christi LOL!!! Andrew's curls are fabulous. I love babies with curly hair. He's to stinking cute.

Lori said...

Andrew's hair amazes me too. My child had NO hair so that is just a thing of beauty to me. He is TOO cute!

Congrats to Ben and Ty. I'm really impressed with all that running. I with you on the competitiveness. I'm all about having winners!! It is going to be difficult when the young ones are going at it!

The Wilson's said...

I love his hair it is like a party on his head. I am sure it is fun to play with! Tell Ben good job, I would have needed an ambulance on stand-by if that were me! I am so out of shape!

Julie said...

LOVE those curls!!! I know I've said this countless times but he is a Mancil through and through!! HA! You've brushed him off your shoulder for sure! HAHA! He's soooo beautiful!!!
Congrats Ben and Ty! Way to compete. It inspires me to get back in shape.....when I have time!:)

Christy said...

Wow!! He has a lot of curls! Too cute. Tell Ben and Ty way to go. I'm with the others - the only running I do is after my children:)

Slots Online said...

Will manage somehow.