Sunday, January 27, 2008

Where is Thumbkin?

I just had to share this video of Ty reading. Ty loves to read his books. If anyone reads to him and pauses, he finishes the words on the page word for word. It just blows my mind how children can remember. We're just hoping that memorization skill stays with him throughout his school years!! In the video, you'll hear him call someone Mr. Harold. He's referring to Mr. Harold Barrow that goes to our church. If there is ever a person or children on a page, he thinks we have to name them someone we know. So, that's why he's doing that. Although we haven't ever named this particular person Mr. Harold before, I guess when he looked at it this morning, Mr. Harold was the first person to enter his mind. Hope you enjoy as much as I did. (You'll need to go over to my playlist and turn the music off to hear the video.)

6 comments:

Josh and Lyndsay said...

Ty is so precious!

Shonna said...

Love it...he is too cute and I can't get over his memory of people's names!!! He needs to be the official greeter at churh!!

The Clarks said...

That's so funny. It's been said that he could be a politician when he grows up b/c of his memory of names.

Ashley said...

That is so true! I may have to start quizzing Ty when I forget someone's name! I'm impressed!
PS-I really enjoy your music! The Mercy Me-Word of God Speak is one of my favorites! :)

The Clarks said...

Ben has it on CD and everytime we go somewhere we have to hear that and Open the Eyes of My Heart for Ty. They're his faves! He knows them by heart-better than we do!!

Kim said...

Mendy,
I found you through Julie. Love your blog.
Kim Turman