Monday, August 25, 2008

Ty and Andrew's Room Makeovers

I know I promised to get pictures of the nursery and Ty's room on here when we finished. Well, they've been finished for quite a while, but I just haven't had the chance to get it done. So here they are. Hope you enjoy it Ashley!





Closet is stocked with lots of diapers and wipes. I wonder how long these will last?



Canvas paintings my mother found at Our New Baby in Dothan.


You can't really tell what the bedding looks like, but I had Tina make it out of gingham and stripes that match the gingham window treatments .




So everything's ready. We're just waiting on Andrew! Maybe it won't be long.

Ashley, I used the green in Ty's room. I think it looks a little darker because Ty doesn't have as many windows as Sawyer had in Andalusia. I was still pleased with the way it turned out. And, Ty loves his new big boy room.









There's a funny story behind the window treatments. Ty had little navy valances in his room before we painted. I was just going to reuse them to save some money. Well, I had new window treatments made for the nursery and also for our bedroom. When the lady came to hang them for me, Ty could not understand why they were not for his room. I tried to explain to him that he didn't want baby curtains, because he was a big boy. He didn't like the idea that Andrew got new curtains and he didn't. He went to his room and laid across his bed and cried, saying, "I didn't get new curtains for my room." Why a 3 year old was so concerned about having new curtains was beyond me. I think that is just the beginning of what I'll be dealing with from here on out with one getting something and the other not. Needless to say, when Ben got home from work, that was the first thing Ty told him. That he didn't get curtains in his room. Ben looks at me and says, "Go pick out some fabric for Ty tomorrow and call Tina." I coudn't help but smile at him. I told him this was just the beginning of it. Tina is the lady that makes my curtains. She's great if you ever need any made!! So, I just smiled and said "O.k." The next day Ty had fabric and in less than a week, he had his new curtains up and was so excited. I've never seen a little boy as excited about window treatments as he was that day. Everybody that comes to our house has to see the new curtains. He loves showing them off. He also likes to show off his brother's room too.


This armoire belonged to my Granny. I was so glad to be able to use it in Ty's room.


This is a canvas painting with a verse that I'm understanding more and more everyday with a little boy.

12 comments:

Shonna said...

Andrew's room is so calming and sweet and I love the green and armoire in Ty's room. Tell him his curtains turned out really cute too!

The Clarks said...

Thanks Shonna! Ty will be so glad someone noticed his curtains!

DeAnne DuBose said...

The rooms look GREAT!

Julie said...

The rooms look fantastic!! Did you know that Tina is my cousin? Her mother, which is my aunt Esther, is my Paw Paw's sister. Therefore, Tina and my mother are first cousins. Tina came about a month ago to measure the windows for the boys' rooms. I just need to pick out the fabric so she can begin sewing...:) She does a fabulous job! She also makes diaper bags. She made Sawyer one with his name and a tractor on the denim bag!! Too cute!

jeff and rebecca said...

You did a great job on the boys rooms. You have quite a talent for decorating! I have been to your house one time when I think you were at work or something with Amy Jacobs. I could not get over how gorgeous your home was. Inside and outside. Everything was perfect. I need you to come to MS sometime and help me out with your Martha Stewart skills!

Christy said...

Both of the rooms are too cute! It looks as though Ty has already started a little bit of jealousy:) Gracie's favorite phrase related to Katherine is "I did that when I was a baby, didn't I Mama?" I guess she just wants to feel special too when we are gushing over Katherine's random accomplishments.

Beth said...

I love the boys' rooms! I love the blue color in Andrew's room. It would be pretty for boy or girl. Very sweet rooms for very sweet boys!

The Clarks said...

Rebecca- You are hilarious! I just have fun picking out colors and fabrics. I'm no Martha Stewart by any means. I'd love to come to MS. But one question, what would we do with a 3 year old and a baby? I guess we could put Will in charge of babysitting!! But really, thanks for the sweet compliment.

Anonymous said...

Hey we like the rooms too . Haven't seen them before. Oh yea, you did an awesome job hanging all those pictures and shelves!! WE're just waiting for Rocky I mean ANDREW Love ya, Kelley and Amy and Allie

Ashley said...

I've been out of the loop, but THE ROOMS LOOK FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think the green room looks great and I LOVE Ty-man's window treatments! He's funny! Andrew's room does look so peaceful! :) He's bound to be a happy, calm baby in there! CAN'T WAIT TO MEET HIM! Love you! Thanks for the post and the shout out! :)

The Cotton's said...

Hey! I love the window treatments in Ty's room. Can I get Tina's number? I would like for her to make some curtains for my boys' bedrooms. I hope that everything is going well and that Andrew makes his grand appearance very soon! I will keep you all in my prayers.
Suzanne Cotton

The Clarks said...

Suzanne-
Tina's number is:469-5852. She is good and really fast, too. I had Ty's within a week of picking out the fabric. We're hoping Andrew will hurry up and come. Maybe we're close! Thanks for the prayers!!!!