Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Hurry Up and Wait!

Well, we went to the hospital today to run a test that checks my cervix and to see if I was having any contractions. After about an hour of the test, it showed that I was having contractions about every 5 minutes. My doctor decided we would take the stitch out today instead of Friday. I was relieved to finally have that done. He thought we had timed it perfectly because my cervix looks ready. I was still having some contractions after the stitch was removed, but was not progressing as far as dilating. Anyway, we left the hospital around lunchtime and ran some errands. I was able to get down to school by 3:00 for my diaper shower that the teachers gave me. We got soooooooo many diapers, wipes, lotions, and lots of pampering Mom gifts, too. It was so nice! The PHS teachers are a wonderful group of people to work with! We came home, unloaded the car, and I started walking. I walked up and down my road hoping something would happen. I'm about to go and soak in my tub and actually pamper myself before Andrew gets here. One of my friends said soaking helped her go into labor, so we're going to try it. Just wanted to update everybody on what was going on. We'll keep you posted if anything happens!

10 comments:

DeAnne DuBose said...

I was worried about you today! I was at PH subing for Ms. Brooks and they said you had to leave. You missed the snake in the hallway too! It was crazy!!! I'm glad you and Andrew are okay!! You guys are in my prayers.

Beth said...

Good Luck Mendy! Maybe it won't be much longer!!

Julie said...

YEA!!! I know that you are excited and can't WAIT!! He'll be here SOON! Good luck with everything and I hope all goes well. Keep us posted...... Jordan is really going to miss you when you are on maternity leave. He likes having you as his teacher! :)

Josh and Lyndsay said...

Good Luck Mendy!! I know you are so ready for Andrew to arrive!!

Ashley said...

Hoorah for progress! I hope he'll come soon! I've heard of one other way to induce that labor too involving your hubbie! (You probably have too!) I'm sure all those ladies at the school shower were quick to say it-seems like that was the most given advice before Sawyer arrived! I just saw the room post too-so I made 2 comments today. Can't wait to hear the news! I want to come visit, but I'm going to Hartselle on Wednesday so maybe he'll get her sooner than later! We love you lots and will say a prayer that it will all go very smoothly and you'll have a healthy baby Andrew very soon!

The Clarks said...

Ashley, I almost put that in my post but decided not too. I can't believe Ben has not suggested this idea sooner!!

Shonna said...

Great news...I know you can't wait to get your hands on you new little man!!!

Josh and Lyndsay said...

Congrats on your new addition!! I know you are so glad that he is finally here.

Beth said...

Congratulations!!! I can't wait to see him!

Julie said...

CONGRATULATIONS CLARK FAMILY!! I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR LITTLE GUY!!