Thursday, March 12, 2009

Hair Gel for a Six Month Old?

Yes, it's true. I went to Rite Aid today and bought some Frizz-Ease for my 6 month old baby!! Is that not the craziest thing anyone's ever heard of?! I'm just not ready to cut this baby's precious curls off yet. But, we've definitely got to get some serious control of it.

In other news, Ty is cleaning his room as we speak, and I just overheard him telling himself he's doing a great job. I wonder who he's heard that from? He and "George" have been extra tight the last two weeks. I'm thinking its because Ben has been away again and he just needs that male figure with him. He and George have done everything together. They played with his kitchen earlier in the week together for almost an hour, and then they both helped me make Kelley's Buttermilk Pie. I had to take a picture of the two of them sitting at the counter snapping their fingers together. Some imagination!!

Also need to wish my sister a belated Happy 36th Birthday. Her big day was Tuesday and we did all get together and eat at my mother and daddy's that night. Can't believe my big sister is now closer to her 40's than her 30's. Can't believe I'll be 32 in a couple of months for that matter!

Ben comes home from North Carolina this Saturday!!!! Woohoo!!!!! I told him after he got home and got settled I might sneak out and take a little retreat to the beach (and take Karen Kingsbury along with me). Okay, maybe just take one or two of her books with me. Wouldn't that be nice? Sitting on the beach with a good book and no interruptions.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

This is Ty with the Buttermilk Pie that we made for Aunt Kelley's birthday. He and George had to help hold the mixer.


This is Ty and "George" snapping their fingers to the Children's Praise CD we were listening to. When Ty told me to watch him snap his fingers, he asked if I saw George too. I asked him where George was and he said, "He's right here beside me!" Like I was a crazy woman or something for not noticing him already. He even turned to the chair beside him and pointed to him.



We're almost crawling! Andrew gets in position and rocks back and forth and then kicks his feet behind him. He just hasn't figured out how to put it all together yet. I don't think it's going to be long. Notice the wild hair. Hence the hair gel!

Up and ready!


Uh oh!

8, 9, & 10! This is Andrew doing his push-ups. He's getting a head start on his physique!
We get in the floor and do our workout each night!



I want to put a little ponytail in that hair so badly, I can't stand it!!


7 comments:

Julie said...

I'm glad that you aren't going to cut that beautiful little boy's hair--I LOVE IT!! It reminds me soooo much of JP's hair when he was that age. He, too, had some WILD hair days on several occasions--and still does!! :)

It is the neatest thing that Ty has an imaginary friend. Have you ever thought that maybe he CAN see George? My thinking is that maybe he can and that it is his Guardian Angel. Just a thought......a nice one to have, right?? :)

Anonymous said...

Julie - never thought about that. I certainly wouldn't argue with that idea.

About the hair - Andrew's hair reminds me of JP's too. He's got a beautiful head of hair!!

Beth said...

I love Ty's imagination {or maybe not imagination...good idea Julie!} Either way, it's precious! And it sure keeps him company. I can't wait to see Andrew's hair all fixed up with his gel! He is growing way too fast!!! Sweet boys!

jeff and rebecca said...

Ha! Tell Kelley I am glad she is sooooo much older than me. I won't be 36 until August!!!! hahaha I always wanted an imaginary friend and tried to have one but my dad always said that he could not afford another child and I should tell "my friend" to go home. What a way to foster a child's imagination huh? I think it is cool and you should let he and George have a lasting relationship. After all, he doesn't make any mess. Also, that last picture of the baby looks like Allie's profile.

Lynn Castleberry said...

Andrew is adorable! I love that curly hair. Don't you dare cut it! 6 mths. old and already needs hair gel; I love it!!

Anonymous said...

Mendy, I agree w/ Rebecca and was thinking the same thing even before I read her comment. It reminded me sooo much of the pic of me that Mother took when I was in that purple/ pink tub. Do you remember that pic. Anyway I was looking at all my new pics that I got back this week and can't believe how much our little man looks like Amy at that age. If I didn't know better I'd think it was Amy. Hope Benny has made it home. The girls will visit tomorrow, they can't wait to see their Benny Boy!! Good Night! Kel

Christi said...

What a load of hair Andrew has!! So cute!! I love the pictures of him doing the push ups--- practicing early! I couldn't even do one push up if I tried!

What is a buttermilk pie?