Thursday, January 29, 2009

Thank you Mrs. Kathy

Several weeks ago, our King/Lee holiday to be exact, I was looking through Ty's baby book. I was hoping to do a little updating until I found the envelope. The envelope that held his baby hair from his first haircut at one year old. The outside of the envelope read "Ty's locks". I looked inside and found no hair. I started to get sick at my stomach. Instead, there was a name card bible marker and some other little thing. I just kept staring into the envelope hoping that the sweet little baby hair would magically reappear in the envelope. I picked up several other things that was around the envelope hoping to find the hair had fallen out, or just stuck to something else. No such luck! Ben walked through and I told him I could not find Ty's baby hair that I had saved. He calmy told me to just keep looking, that it had to be there somewhere. I told him that I had and it wasn't anywhere. Okay, I'm really starting to get sick. My hands started sweating and my forehead just broke out into a full-blown sweat. Ben went on about his business outside. Ty happened to come upon me in my all-out search for his hair. I calmly held up the envelope and asked, "Ty, do you know what happened to the hair that was in this envelope?" Ty said, "Uh huh, I threw that hair in the "crash" can, Mama." At that moment I went into complete meltdown mode. I'm trying to ask him why he had done that through pitiful sobs. He couldn't understand why I was crying over hair being thrown away. So, he takes off running out of the room screaming and crying himself. He does this alot if he does something he's not supposed to do. I picked myself up off the floor and went outside to tell Ben what had happened. He came in to try to look for the hair in the "crash" cans, but I knew it was long gone. There was just no use.....the baby hair was gone forever. I finally quit crying enough to comfort Ty. He was so upset. All he could do was say, "I'm so sorry Mama. I'm so sorry Mama." I kept thinking to myself, "Of all the junk in that room that he could've thrown away, and he picked that." Ben kept telling him that he was much more important than hair, but that we just wanted to be able to keep his baby hair.
Well..........never fear, Mrs. Kathy is here!!! Ty and I had haircuts today and I was telling her about our catastrophe and that we would just have to let his hair grow out a bit to get another cutting from it. She was able to cut some long strips for me when she thinned the top of his hair. Leigh came back with an envelope and, well, we have hair again! I figured 3 year old hair was better than none at all. I told Ty he was to never do anything to that hair. So, to any of you mamas out there that has extremely inquisitive little children, like Ty, please put up anything that you don't want trashed.

**Still can't get my pics on here. I've found them but when I click on the upload image button, it does nothing. If anyone knows what I need to do, please tell me. Will try again later!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Bless your heart!!! I feel your pain on not having stuff. Bailey's dad and I got back together after we divorced, and not a week and a half after we moved back in I caught him w/ someone and needless to say moved back out and I don't even have her book anymore and guess what he says he don't have it, which I think is a BIG LIE. Sorry for the long story. I'm glad you got somemore hair.

Julie said...

Poor thing!! I, inadvertantly, threw away JP's locks from his first haircut when I was cleaning out my car. Lindsey(Reeves)had also put it in an envelope and I tossed it--I, too, was SOOOO upset. So, I asked her to cut some more for me. John Parker had/still does have PLENTY of hair to cut!!! He got his very first trim when he was 10-months-old!!! :) Glad that you have your little boy's hair!!! At least you'll have a good story to tell Ty when he's older. :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds just like a Ty story!! I'm so impressed that he remembered and more importantly he was honest about it. I know one little girl who probably would have just shrugged her shoulders when asked!!