Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Finally Back!

Well, it's been way too long since my last post. Thanks to extra security put on our computer, I couldn't do anything. It slowed my computer down to the point I could no longer sit and wait for everything to come up. Anyway, lots has happened since my last post. I'll start with Andrew. He will turn 5 months on Saturday. He had his 4 month check-up several weeks ago and was a whopping 16 lbs. 8 oz. and 26 inches long. He is so much bigger than Ty was at this age. Ty was only 13 lbs. at his four month check-up. This little boy loves his "ba-ba". He smiles when he sees his bottle getting ready. He is such a happy little thing. He really only cries when he gets hungry. He started his cereal this month and hasn't really gotten the hang of the whole swallowing thing yet. He spits more out than he actually swallows. He has been sleeping through the night for about 4 weeks now, which makes his mama really happy! He's like clockwork; every morning around 5:30 he wakes up smiling. He actually slept til 6:00 earlier this week. He has started making this cute noise when I lay him down to change his diaper. It's like he's singing his own little song. He is such a little loudmouth. He'll start his singing and will just laugh out loud after he finishes. He is such a funny little baby!! I hate leaving this precious baby every morning. He's always in such a good mood! It's what gets me through the day till I'm back home.

Ty is learning lots at Little Friends. Mrs. Donna is his teacher and he loves her. His favorite word is still "Why?" This word accompanies everything that is said in our home. He brought home the cutest bird feeder this week. They made them from buns with peanut butter spread on them and dipped in bird seed. We had to hang it outside for the birds to munch on. I love getting sweet little things that he makes at school. And especially the little drawings that I don't have a clue what is, but he can describe it perfectly.

Ben is away once again in Fort Sill, Oklahoma for a two week training for work. I really don't tell my husband enough how thankful I am for him. I have missed him tremendously this week. Ty has missed his daddy also. He asks everyday when his daddy is coming home. I think we're going to have to get use to it for a while anyway. Ben will be gone for about two weeks out of every month from now til June. Next month he'll be in Charlotte, North Carolina. Wish I could take off and go along with him. Ben said it has been snowing where he is. I wish we could see a little snow here so the kids could have fun playing for a little while.

Well, I think I have updated enough for now. My sweet husband has put all of my pictures somewhere and I don't know where to look for them. So, I'll have to post pictures later I guess.

5 comments:

Shonna said...

Ben's new schedule (for the next few months anyay) sounds a little familiar...it really helps to remind us how much we depend on them when they are home!!!

Glad you updated and I can't wait to see some updated pictures of Andrew!!

Heather said...

Sounds like everything is going great. Little Andrew sounds like a chunk.

Anonymous said...

Amy prayed last night that "Ben would have fun playing in the snow" I guess someone should enjoy it looks like we never will !! Kelley

Ashley said...

I like how I can picture Andrew doing those things now that I've seen him somewhat recently! AND SWEET TY! Why? I love it! Sawyer says, "what's that" so i explain. then, "oh!" like oh i understand it perfectly now! :) SORRY to hear Ben's having to be gone a lot! Glad it's just for 2 weeks at a time though!!! miss you lots, mendy!

The Wilson's said...

Glad your back!! Andrew is really getting big and I love that age. I know you hate to leave them but a least you are not leaving them with a stranger. Mrs. Nancy is so proud of those boys!