Monday, April 21, 2008

Sweet Days!!

Ty and I have sooo enjoyed the past few days at home together. He would wake up every morning and ask me if I had to go to school. When I told him no, he would get the biggest grin on his face and just squeal. He almost made me cry one morning when we were sitting at the bar eating breakfast. He said, "Mommy, I miss you when you go to school. Can I go and see you?" It took all I could do to not just start bawling right there in front of him. This past week has definitely spoiled me, but not much longer and we'll have a really big break. We played and played and played all week long. We went to Open Pond on Wednesday and picnicked with church friends and then on Friday we went to the Montgomery Zoo. We had a great time! I think Ty would have stayed on this huge tree stump all day if I would have let him.

Ty tried his best to keep up with the big kids on his tricycle around the Open Pond Road.

Ty and Maggie Ruth. Two of a kind!!

The Picnic Crew!


ON TO THE ZOO!!!

Ty loved the "ephelents"! These huge creatures really put on a show for us. Ty called this one the "Daddy Ephelent". He would get completely under the water and stay for several minutes before coming up. He even got under the waterfalls for a bath. This was our favorite animal.

I just thought this cheetah was cool-looking.



Ty with friends Will & Kristen. Kristen was so much help with these little boys!!


Ty loves any kind of train ride. This was no different!




Three VERY tired kids. We'll definitely be going back again, hopefully soon when Daddy can go with us!!

3 comments:

Shonna said...

This week was fun! It was fun spending time with y'all on Wednesday...can't wait til this weekend! I am stalking your blog waiting for the baby update!!!!

The Clarks said...

Shonna, you are so funny. I'm about to post it very soon!

jeff and rebecca said...

Hi Mendy, Your news is awfully exciting! Girls are sweet but arent boys FUN!!!! Your dad used to say that he wanted a grandson as rowdy and adventurous as Will. It appears as if he got what he wished for.