Thursday, February 5, 2009

Tagged....


  1. Beth tagged me last week & I've just gotten a chance to do this. Here we go.....


    1. What is his name? Benjamin David Clark


    2. Who eats more? Ben does...he is usually working on his 2nd or 3rd plate of food when we're trying to get the kitchen cleaned up at my mother's.



    3. Who said "I love you" first? Ben did while we were at Shocco Springs in '95. Wow, that was a long time ago. I was a senior and he was a sophomore. What young love!!


    4. Who is taller? I think Ben is by just a few inches!!


    5. Who is more sensitive? Me


    6. Who does the laundry? We both do.


    7. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? I do.


    8. Who pays the bills? We both do.


    9. Who cooks more? I do, unless we're grilling, then he does.


    10. Who is more stubborn? We both have a stubborn streak in us, but probably more me than him.


    11. Who is the first to admit they are wrong? I am. I kid him all the time saying that I'm always the one to say I'm sorry first. He says I'm wrong, but I'm right on this one.


    12. Who has more siblings? He does - 2 brothers and 1 sister. I have 1 sister


    13. Who wears the pants in the relationship? We share them. Sometimes he makes the call on things, sometimes I make the call on certain things.


    14. What do you like to do together? We love to just be able to do stuff at home together. We don't have time during the week to do very much. Sometimes our weekends consist of eating out and making a trip to Wal-Mart. That's another story for another day. I'll have to post on some of our Wal-Mart stories one day. During the summer, we love to be outside working, playing ball with Ty, playing in the pool with Ty and soon Andrew. We also enjoy going on our little family vacations to the beach and the mountains too. I wish I could say he loves to go shopping with me, but he hates it, and that's ok, because I just can't bring myself to enjoy his game of golf. Maybe one day....


    15. Who eats more sweets? That would be me. Ben eats so much of the real stuff, he has no room for desserts.


    16. Guilty pleasures? Ben - when he gets the chance-hunting and golf. Me - gosh, I feel all I do is feed baby, fix bottles and wash bottles, I need a guilty pleasure. I guess it would be blogging.


    17. How did you meet? We have always known each other because Ben's dad pastored at Carolina Baptist Church for 13 years. So, we just grew up knowing each other. It was not until I was a senior in high school that I had a Health/computer class with a bunch of sophomores. Ben and I were computer partners. I got to hear his hilarious stories of how his dalmation tried to rape him in his shed. That was just one of the stories I remember laughing till I cried. The rest is history. He'll probably die if he knew I put that about his dog...maybe he won't ever find out!!


    18. Who asked whom out first? He did.


    19. Who kissed who first? He dared me and I did! What a rebel I am!!

    20. Who proposed? He did July 31, 2001. I was with the Clark family at Orange Beach. He was training for his post office job in Montgomery and wasn't supposed to come until the weekend. He surprised me on Thursday. He had already talked to my parents while I was gone with his family. We all ate supper and then Ben and I went down to the beach. I knew something was up when he found a chair for us to sit on...instead of walking. We sat forever swatting knats. I'd had enough and was about to get up and go back to our condo when he grabbed my arm and sat me back down. He got down on his knee in front of me and had (I think) written a book to me - I didn't think he would ever show me the ring!! By the time he pulled it out, it was pitch dark, so we ran back up to the lights to see it!

    21. His best features and qualities? Ben is a godly, Christian man that loves the Lord and his family. THE funnest Daddy and most wonderful husband. He will try to do just about anything at home if he knows it will help me. Hard working - wonderful provider. He has the kindest heart that I know. He is giving of his time to whomever may need something. He is a compassionate, fun, hilarious person. Even when I am so aggravated at him, he's going to do something that will make me laugh, no matter how hard I try to hold it in. I love him just a little bit!! (Chances are you'll see this man in Wal-Mart at 11:00 pm. He is worse than a woman about needing stuff at the last minute. If we are ever out of something, I don't even have to ask, he's out the door to Wal-Mart (usually with Micah). I tell him that's just his way of getting out of the house!!)

    22. Tag you're it. Who do you tag? Tammy Holt, Kim Turman, Lori Griffin, Ginger Wilson, Julie Hardy, Christy Watts, Elizabeth Wood and whoever else that would love to.


    The old car in the pics belongs to Anthony, Ben's brother. It was their Grandaddy's and they were out taking it for a ride. Just thought they were kind of neat!





    Ben playing football in the yard with all the kids.







6 comments:

Heather said...

How sweet Mendy!!! The part about Wal-Mart and Ben is to funny.

Beth said...

What a sweet story about your hubby! It's so neat to see how God designs things!!! Aren't we blessed to have some GOOD husbands?!! I agree with you about Ben and his funniness...in 4th and 5th grade we sat beside one another and every chance he got he sang me the "I forgot to wrap my whopper" song! I can STILL remember laughing so hard at him I thought I was going to die! Ask him about it!!!!!!!!!!!

jeff and rebecca said...

I have always been in love with your Ben (not in a weird way or anything)! I think the two of you make the most perfect couple. It is obvious that God put the two of you together. Even when you are 100 years old, you will always be sweet little Mendy and he will always be the hunkiest mailman that Andalusia had to offer!!!! hahahahaha

The Clarks said...

Rebecca- We are laughing so hard right now! Ben spit his water out when I read to him what you wrote. You are hilarious!!

The Wilson's said...

Ben sounds like a wonderful person to spend forever with. You are both blessed to have one another. I wish my husband would agree to go to walmart willingly instead of making an ordeal of it. I was tagged already and put it on my blog also. I love the car pictures and how you did them in black and white!!

Julie said...

The two of you have always been the cutest/sweetest couple!! I enjoyed reading!

As for your last post, I TOTALLY agree with Shonna about Andrew looking like Kelley! I actually said it OUT LOUD while I was looking at the picture and reading your story.(and this was before I even clicked on the comment button and read the response from Shonna). HE IS ALL MANCIL FOR SURE!!! :) Beautiful boys you have!